Saturday 27 July 2013

Shingle Creek GC - Orlando, Florida






The city of Orlando, Florida is blessed with so many beautiful yet challenging courses and Shingle Creek is definitely one of them.
Opened in December 2003, Shingle Creek Golf Club is an 18 hole golf course designed by David Harman and is highly rated among the top courses in all of Florida by Golf magazines.

Located just 15 minutes by car from Universal Studios Orlando and a mile from the Orange County Convention Center. Its central location makes it a popular choice for those wanting to get away and play without travelling too far from central Orlando. 


Upon my arrival at the club, the valet (complimentary!) whisk away my rental car as I head towards the pro-shop to register myself. The Pro-shop was well stocked and huge by Brunei standards (I guess in the US everything is supersize!) I paid my green fees and took a set of rental clubs (one month old Taylor Made R-Bladez - nice..)
As I head towards my buggy at the starters area, there is a spacious grass range, putting green and short game area for players to warm up. The buggy was relatively new and equipped with Uplink GPS which I noticed are standard feature when playing in the US (GM RBA, apa lagi)

Around the course, fairways are mostly undulating with interconnecting waterways. Greens are generous but very slippery - so watch out for those slopes. On the par 5 second hole, a pair of large birds ( di goreng nyaman kali?) were busy looking for food which makes you realise that nature is so close to you. 
I think all golfers will like this course as it has five sets of tee. So no matter what, even if you are a beginner or scratch golfer, you can choose from different distances that play from 7228 yards to 6314 yards. Cool eh?
Overall, its a good course to warm up before playing others around Orlando. However, when planning to visit Orlando do avoid coming in July as it rains daily and some courses would not be able to absorb so much water over a short period.

No comments:

Post a Comment