Thursday 1 October 2009

Normal Service resumes



When: 27th Sept 09
Where: RBA GC
Who: Manan, Zainoring, me self, Hj Yusof (Sakit parut - pull out)

Originally planned for Saturday, but the unavailability of players due to still being hari raya meant game was move to Sunday. Lucky too as heavy rain pelted Brunei with winds reaching nearly 40mph.

I had little expectations from the game due to the month long lay off so was playing for the exercise value. We started on the Back nine at around 6.45am

Front Nine
Duffed my first shot using the 3W.. luckily ball did not go in the lake.. Manan and Zainorin's drive was OK. Actually, there wasnt much wrong with Manan's game accept drive was short (tuha sudah jang - by his own admission) his chipping was ok and played 43 or 44. His new clubs, the TM XD was producing the goods.

Pyscho hole 17th (our 8th) did not materialise as Manan and I both parred.

My long game was intact whilst short game was off mostly due to the long lay off. But so far so good.

Back Nine
Manan and myself was still competitive up to the 14th hole. Then something strange happened. The 7th (our 16th) i hit an excellent approach to the centre of the green. But when we reached the green, my ball was no where to be seen... entahlah... kana talan kali.. had to drop but salvaged a bogey..

On the last hole, I was leading my only 2 strokes nett. PRESSURE... Still anybody's game...I could go into water and game would end in a draw or worse...

Manan teed off first as he parred the 8th while i bogeyed. His drive went OB.. mine was centre of fairway... game over hehehe.. Selamat Hari Raya...

Manan played 94, I played 8x (not published due to Commercially Sensitive information) heheh

Pic: Golf-asia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment