Wednesday 2 December 2009

RBGCC - 30th Nov, Hj Samuil magic monday...

Monday was an in-lieu holiday for us due to Hari Raya Haji falling on Saturday (Selamat Hari Raya readers) so six of us played at Jerudong in order to prepare for The Cryogenic Trophy this Saturday after intially wanting to play at Eastwood.

Players: Hj Samuil, Hj Yusof, Hj Shahbudin, Khun Pg Ali, Mohamad and myself.
At Stake: Glory for the next four days and pool money
What happen next?

In a nutshell
Paymaster: Mohamad and Shahbudin
Pool Winner $$$$: Hj Samuil
Out of slump: Hj Yusof and myself

The first three players Khun Ali, Hj Budin and meself teed off first. I was testing the callaway IQ5 driver. Without any prior testing on the range... sliced it to the 9th hole fairway and ended up a a 6... not good.. in fact all three of us had a 6 on the 1st hole. Warning signs...

I had a terrible F9 with a 46... three consecutive double bogeys on the 1st three holes did not help.. Shahbudin also had a 46 and Khun Ali was a few strokes away..

"Jadi ATM lagi ni" i said to myself.... "No way. Losing three games in a row is a big no no.." trying to pysche my game up...

So the back nine i had to get my game back together... I knew I had to stay patient and waited for the others to self destruct... bogeys, a few pars and a birdie on 16th led to a 44 which was enough to see off Jang Din... who had a terrible back nine.. highlight of my round was a par on the par 4 15th island fairway and birdie on the par 3 16th... unfortunately G Sam played well for an 86.. hence pool winner

Good strong finish also for Khun Ali after long lay off with a par, double bgy and par finish... shot of the day using hybrid from 160m to get three on for the par 5 18th... i can still hear it in my mind Khun Ali screaming after hitting his third shot

AAATTTTACCKKKK!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment