Tuesday 5 January 2010

DRM End of year BOTB Tournament (Belated) - Whitewash continues


Happy new year everybody.. Hope your reading this in good health and enjoyed the holiday break. More of this later whilst I like to talk about the DRM tournament first

DRM Tournament - 19th Dec 2009 - RBGCC

BMMJ members Hj Samuil, Hj Amir, Hj Zairin and meself participated the 1st leg of the BOTB - Battle of the Bridge of the DRM group. As we arrived early, my flight contained Hj Sam and Hj Zairin while Hj Amir played in a different flight.

Hj Samuil:
Was his off day and was out of contention by the 14th hole. An unbelievable 11 on the par 3 #16 basically sums up his day (baik lagi aku tu Jang di Khao Kheow). Lost to me and Zairin but won against Hj Amir. Gross 110

Hj Md Zairin:
Zairin's front nine was a blinder and I was in trouble at the turn. Par's bogeys littered his front nine and a par for him on the difficult #9 par 4 underlined his credentials to become the DRM champion. I was trying to break his game but for some reason it remained steady. By the #15 hole, I was EIGHT strokes down with four holes to play... Perhaps this was his day... and so i thought... By the time we left the 15th green the gap reduced to seven.

Still I thought there was no way back. Then came the #16 where Jang Sam had an 11. Without any pressure, Jang Zairin's tee shot went into the stream... and his 3rd... He was six on the green and then two putted for an eight.. While I had a par.. FIVE SHOT SWING.... I can see daylight... Gap was now reduced to two strokes with two holes to go... Anybody's game... Unfortunately my tee shot on the 17th went right and in the jungle... Zairin went left and into the jungle too probably was under pressure for preserving his lead.. i ended up with a DB 6 while he had a TB seven... I sense he was cracking up... gap was now just one

Using one of Hj Dua's old trick i told Hj Zairin on the 18th tee that if he XXX score and I parred.. I would win the game.. He duly sent his ball into the jungle... It was not game over just yet... A routine bogey against his triple was very my highlight of the day... I do share some sympathy with him.. From winning to losing... But that's golf... hehe Gross of 101 (i think)

Hj Amir
Knowing his game in Jerudong, I thought he would play well and sambaleh us all.. in fact he had a nightmare 112... heheh thanks kap...

Overall, not even a sliced open shoe should could stop me from my winning streak for the second time in a week... I can see crisp red notes... hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment