Sunday 22 March 2009

Bangkok Day Two – Honours even…. But Jang Manan’s game is coming back


Today we are playing where all three of us have not played yet. Bangpakong Riverside Club is just under an hour from Bangkok and comes with a good recommendation from Khun Andy… Well lets see…

Upon arrival, we drop our bags just off the entrance to the club house… At the clubhouse we were met with a cool drink…

“ Aduh.. manis Jang” cakap Jang Manan….

It was too sweet for all our taste…

Registration was efficient and…

Standing on the first tee inside the mind of both Manan and myself was to avenge the defeat to Jang Budin on the first day…

Front Nine: Jang Budin started brightly with a score of even par over the first three holes.. WITH ANOTHER BIRDIE ON #3 Par 5…Atu kan bolanya simpang siur… he had a very good approach to the green with just about seven feet from the hole…. And when his putt went in… I said to myself… Not again!!!..

“Eh jang… two days in a row birdie???… Au jangan karang ASCOPE game nda deliver” I said to him…

In the end.. a triple bogey on the par 5 #9 hole left him with a 46… Manan struggled with a 53… but ada sikit-sikit keluar skill that once made him di segani ramai…. I was OK… but too many bogeys led to a 42…

Back Nine: Jang Manan was OK in the first few holes… But had another triple on the 12th… He managed to recover to be in contention and playing better than his outward nine…

Jang Budin started with two pars…

“Two pars in a row oh..” both Manan and myself said to Budin… most impressive was the long par 4 11th… 420 yds against WIND…

“Mesti bawah marah jang” said the former oil trader… His drive flew about 30yds in front of my ball which left him with only a 5 iron to the green…

My ball was in the centre but I had about 220 yds with wind against… paksa keluar 3W jang… I had a solid hit and left me with an uphill from about 20 feet… I almost birdied this hole… ball just went left upon coming near to the hole….

Upon the 18th.. both Manan and myself was up by one stroke to Jang Budin… All our drives and second shot was OK… then came the approach…
“kuat Angin ani Jang” said Jang Manan… his approach was straight but 10 yds short of the green… Sensing the win over Budin… I tried to use the wind to get my ball into birdie position… I intended to put my ball to the right just avoiding the greenside bunker… I had a crisp shot and then waited for the wind the push my ball left… then.. Alamak… ball went straight in the bunker… Budin pulled his approach was still OK at the back of the green..

However, both Manan and myself could not get up and down for par… Budin’s putt was short by 3ft… After sinking his putt to put all in a draw… Budin fist pump.. and looked at the sky.. sensing he had managed to do a Houdini act… Bahreen 43… Manan 50…. Shahbudin 44….

Summary:
Jurubayar Agung: nil…
Bilateral: Abis Saudi trained…
Shahbudin: draw….

No comments:

Post a Comment