Wednesday 25 March 2009

Final Round - Bangkok Open (8/8 baru boleh manang oh.. Jang Budin last two holes collapse)




Final day was played at Royal Golf Club near to Suvaranbhumi Airport.
At that stage bilateral competition are as follows

Vs. Shahbudin One win, one lost and one Draw...
Vs. Saudi Trained Three wins...

But looking at the course... macam nda besimbah air... green, fairway karing
Saw some workers spraying water all round the course..

Front 9
Pressure was on Jang Manan to maintain his third day good score at Lam Lukka.
"Last day ni Jang.. I dont want to be paymaster. Membeli set baru ku karang next week di Singapore. Ketahuan ia karang" Saudi di Dahran based Bruneian.

Pressure was quite evident over the first few holes. Jang Budin BIRDIE AGAIN on the short par 13th hole (our 4th hole as we started on the B9) Where his ball settled about 10ft from the pin. My ball was "mata lembu" in the bunker while Manan was on the apron. As per script... Budin birdied.. i three putted while Manan bogeyed... two short swing OHHH...

I managed to regain the momentum with a par on the next while Budin put his approach in the water and ended up with a six. on the other par 3 17th. Against wind, everybody took out driver for the 220yd distance. Mine was pin high but right, Budin bolanya mandi kolam.. and Manan was short.. I managed to chip it close and got my par while Budin had a double and Manan bogey.. another 2 shot swing...

"Nda tahan ni Jang.. baik chipping mu" said Jang Manan

Manan was diam-diam tapioca playing solid albeit some disaster holes. F9 scores Bahreen 40, Shahbudin 46 & Manan 50

Back 9
Kuat angin oh.. playing against wind most of the time compared to the front nine. All of us struggle. I started badly with a double and then triple. While Shahbudin and Manan capitalize on my careless mistakes to close the gap. game was still close as we approach the par 3 7th (16th) pressure psal lawan angin.. I put my ball in the water to the left. Shahbudin was OK but short. Manan was on the apron.

Then it went worst for me as i three putted for a six and manan had his par while Budin had a bogey. Abis lah... i was quite disappointed.. schoolboy mistake lah..
Anyway, I regroup for the last two holes a par 5 and tricky par 4 last hole.

Drive went right and then I found left bunker on the left side... main safe pun masuk bunker... anyway... i took out my seven iron from about 160yds and prayed... ball landed and settled about 8ft from the pin... for the last three days i have not had a birdie... this was my chance.. Budin and manan had trouble with five on..

Guidance from caddy.. manan made a near impossible down hill fast putt from 22ft.. for bogey... and Shahbudin also the escaped with a one putt for his bogey..

I nailed the bird for a two shot swing... then came the 18th...

i barely remembered this hole from last year playing with Manan.
"Interesting hole ni jang" said Shahbudin... which proved masin nya orang brunei

Manan and myself was OK and was two on the apron. Shahbudin had trouble on the right and ended up with four on... I can smell blood...

Budin four putted to mark a remarkable turn around while Manan had a deserving par... From losing to winning oh... in the end it was a very good golf tour... not a minute wasted... four rounds over four days... macam golf pro tu..

No comments:

Post a Comment