Saturday 11 July 2009

Back in the UK after 10 long years - 9th July & Kadai Hj Sam found in Leicester shock!







Day One - You orrite luv... fancy a cuppa...
Landed at Heathrow T3 at around 5.45am on my A380 flight from Singapore. Total flight time 12hrs (before that 6hrs Narita - Singapore) Probably the longest time I have been in a plane in a day. Wish was travelling on Suites. Anyway, coach to Leicester was at 7.30am so had time to chill at the stand. Explained to my mum our itinerary for the visit during my bro's grad. All of a sudden by brother came from nowhere and met us there. The rest was a bit of a blur, had terrible jet lag. Did some shopping at Leicester and went to bed around 9pm and woke up at 3.30am!

Day Two - Leicestershire GC and Birstall GC
It must be the first time in 10yrs that I played golf alone. Not fun but need to keep my game sharp before puasa. Played the well known LGC in the morning for nine holes and then took a cab to Birstall GC some few miles away.

Course Review - LGC
Very tight fairways, friendly atmosphere, quick greens and undulating fairways. Had a 42 (par 35) no thanks to a double par 8 on the 1st where my tee shot went right and into OB. My fingers were trembling due to the cold winds.. And this was suppose to be Summer in England. Orrite Guv'nor. Beautiful heathland course set among a central area of Leicester.

Course Review - Birstall GC
Another Heathland type course with very short par 4 holes on the front nine. Almost had one on for #1 & #2. The rental club was not bad and was left with 10yds to the apron but unfortunately did not get up and down for a birdie (jet lag kali ah)Again beautiful course with sweeping views of the city. One thing I noticed here I can hit my wedge to 140yds.. blimey...Bargain green fees 15GBP for 9 holes.

Tomorrow hopefully have time to play at Humberstone GC. By the way Jang Sam klau membeli amas arah kadai mu ani ada diskaun? hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment