Monday 6 July 2009

IBB Insurance Invitational Golf - 5th July 09 - Empire Golf Club

Was asked to represent the comnee for this yearly invitational get together for corporate clients of IBB. First of all.. I woke up LATE! Not sure when was the last time i overslept for golf... Car came at 5.10am but only left the house at 6ish and arrive about quarter past seven.

My flight group of Hj Shaiful, Hj Shahrol and "Bob" Sufian was suppose to be the first flight on #10 but due to me being late was moved to the second flight.

Not a good start but sunday was Mission Impossible - Play golf, orang kawin and biz flight.. 2 out of 3 aint bad...

Back to the golf.. Naturally, a bit slow of the blocks with some untidy drives that resulted in bogeys.. but some great pars had me a 42 on the F9.. given the soft course conditions.. had to make a birdie or two to stand any chance of winning anything in this sys 36 format event...

My back nine was a little better but could not convert the good approaches to birdies. And had to settle with a 42 as well so 84 gross but managed to get a NTP on the par 3 #14..

In the end we finished around 11.45am with hardly enough time to shower and get ready for the wedding. Later found out that i came 2nd in Division A and my NTP stood. Hj Sam later sent a text saying I won a TV in the lucky draw but since I was away from the ceremony.. couldnt claim it.. ah well.. been a while since i played with my good friend Bob.. So i'm happy to play with him again... TOkyo and London here I come... No agreement with Jang Sam... klau inda... hmm.. mamam tu...

No comments:

Post a Comment