Tuesday 1 June 2010

New lady in my life..

It is with mixed feelings that I am annoucing the retirement of my beloved CL 708 Honma forged Professional +2 degrees irons after having been in my bag since 1989. The clubs have helped me reduced my handicap from 24 in 1989 to my current BMMJ handicap of 9. She has won me numerous events both in Brunei and abroad since then not to mention countless top 10 finishes and NTP prizes. So I am making this decision with a heavy heart.

Actually, I have tried to replace her since 2006 first with the Taylor Made TP forged irons, Ben Hogan APEX forged irons and Mizuno MP 67 blades. But none could fill the position and burden of expectation. Finally, after trying them at an indoor range golf shop in Hong Kong last week, I made a decison to invest in a set of Ping Anser Forged Irons meant only for the Japanese Market.

I strongly believe these irons feel & behave just like the Honma that I am so use to. More of this later. So it was a bit of a risk when I took them out for the first time on the course during the Players Championship and came out with an 83 gross. Not bad huh? Had I not double bogey the 9th at Eastwood (our 18th) she could have won me my second major of the year.. ah well that's golf... Think this will be the start of a new and productive beginning....

No comments:

Post a Comment