Monday 22 June 2009

BMMJ Jakarta Open Day Two - Abis sapu (Rancamaya Golf Club, Bogor)





Before I start on the golf, let me just say this course is STUNNING.... I have heard a lot about this course back in Brunei and from people who have played. I think words cannot really start to describe how this course brings out the best in your game. Even then, caddies were telling me that past few days they have been some rain and course was not in 100% top condition.. Imagine if its on tournament mode...

Back to the golf, the second day of our golf trip in Jakarta took us to the town of Bogor, West(?) of Jakarta. Upon arrival, the one hour bus ride was well worth it. Views of mountain, town and nearby scenery was breathtaking.

We arrive minus Hj Amir due to feeling unwell. We started on hole #14 as first tee was jammed. My flight was Shahbudin and "Uncle" Alias.. The others Mohamad, PJ & Hj Ibrahim were somewhere else.

On the outward nine, did not start well when my tee off was short and went in the drink. But recovered from that to create some distance with Shahbudin and Alias at the turn. Green was on the slow side but narrow fairways compensated this. Had a few pars and one birdie on the Index one #17.. Outdrove Budin by 40 yds.. tapi baik jua nda masuk air... Actually, Budin's approach was exquisite... settled to about 10ft. My birdie putt was about 25 ft. So when my ball when in, Budin was under pressure to covert his putt.. but ball just stayed straight instead of turning left as it should.. sayang..

Our back nine (#1 to #9) was also quite scenic, views of the mountain and lakes followed us everywhere. By this time, Shahbudin managed to pull back and by the 17th we were on level terms. Perhaps he was feeling under pressure at the last that his ball went right and OB - game over. My game with Alias was already over on the 15th so it was just a matter of managing his score. Good for him as he hit two birdies as well. My birdie on the last summed up my glorious day with a 86. It could have been much better had i taken my Honma instead of the Mizuno blades. Im still not sure why I cant use my Mizuno.. So wins against Alias, Shahbudin and MK. Pg Joanda draw... woo hoo...

No comments:

Post a Comment