Saturday 13 June 2009

Isogo Hills, Yokohama Japan - 14 June 2009.... Forced 81 gross.... World's smallest driving range?!







Ohio Gozaimas / Konichiwa / Konbawa.. Di mana saja anda berada..

Today I had the privilege to play at the exclusive Isogo Hills CC in Yokohama, Tokyo in the land of the rising sun... Japan

We arrived at the club around 9.30am well ahead of schedule tee time of 10.40am time. When departing the hotel for the course, I was reminded the night before to bring my jacket suit. Reason why its a unwritten regulation of all members and visitors to the club to wear one when entering the clubhouse as mentioned by a senior colleague. I thought he was pulling my leg... rupanya banar... A series of phone calls followed and all was resolved via a special permission granted to moi... Exclusive also as the club is situated very close to the urban area in Yokohama...

Moving on the more important stuff of my golf for the day. Was a wee bit rusty from the "3rd" position in the DRM tournament 2 weeks ago.. but didnt really show on the front nine score of 42... though short game was a bit off despite practicing 30mins before the tee off in what I believe is the smallest driving range in Japan and maybe even the world...we finished the front nine at around 1.40 and was requested to be back ready for the back nine by 2.25pm.. lunch comprised of udon, tempura and some shrimp rice... oishi des...

It must be the udon and tempura I had for lunch or was it the beautiful but narrow Isogo course that brought out the best in me? started with SIX STRAIGHT PARS... 60% of them being a birdie putt.. but cannot convert lah.. not sure what happen to the killer touch... But due to H.J format and a declared H.J score of 78... i was playing too well.. and had to give away some strokes.. and so I did with bogey at 16 and double at 18... I had a short birdie putt on the par 5 17 but with the image of Yen notes around my ahead I had to miss it on purpose... as the penalty of playing under can be expensice...i reckon quite honestly that i could easily played 35 -1 gross ohh.. so in other words 42 / 35 (39)= 77 (81) maybe some other day... Mohamad had two birdies and a 91.. had too many doubles "kalau inda...."

But easily a great day taking a walk in the Yokohama "forests and parks".. greens were top notch... food was good... Daejubu... and no complaints on the winnings...

No comments:

Post a Comment