Friday 5 June 2009

RBGCC – 30th May 09: Day full of surprises and drama… Hj Sam handicap 22?! Main 2 under lagi tu…




It was my first time to join the DRM guys whilst Jang Sam and Budin have joined in the recent past. For Zairin, he is now a full blooded DRM’er.. with full playing rights for 2009.

The start was a bit chaotic as some teed off very early at around 6.30am… at this time we still enjoying a bit of breakfast….

At around 7am, we decided not to follow the pairing and teed off on the 1st tee box as it was empty. This is where the fun started. Among our group, there has always been a friendly tension over who should start first or given the “honour”.. (takut nda ampit…) ahem.. so we normally give to the player who is less likely to win one… or in this case we followed the tee sheet and lo and behold Jang Zairin first.. While others encouraged him… Zairin said “Macam nda ikhlas menyuruh tee off dulu” haha

First hole was a disaster for me as I got a triple bogey without even a penalty drop!? Nda kan pecaya… I felt the weight training made me lose touch around the green… wedge felt so light so I overshot my third to the green and ended up five on and two putts.. SEVEN… I guess its all part of REHAB….

After that my long game was still OK except my short game which is still adjusting to my new found capacity. On 2nd hole, Jang Budin was the only one teeing off with the Driver… all of us were using 3 or utility wood…

“Eh driver Jang…” Nya Jang Zairin… Tarus masuk gaung … (valley) hehe as the pictures show… he actually did quite well coming out but added to his putting woes wound up with a nine… hehe..

on third hole… my #1 highlight of the day birdie on the short par 3 #3 hole… actually Shahbudin’s putt was shorter but a bit of psychological talk when I said “Masuk ni Birdie.. cuba liat” and birdie I did… well to be fair.. mine was uphill so a bit easier whereas Budin was downhill… He missed his short birdie putt… but still kitani bah tu…. Not even Budin’s body movement could help him out…

Rest of the nine four of us conjured a new vocabulary term for duff chipping “Delicate” ada beberapa orang on the front nine chip shot was too delicate… hehe ada orang happy…

Most consistent player on the front nine was Jang Sam.. par.. bogey.. bogey.. par salute lah…

On back nine solid start with a Par on notoriously difficult #10.. which was my #2 highlight of the day…. ktani bah tu… But then things got a bit untangled on #11 despite using only a 3 wood from off the tee. Still managed to put it in the jungle.. must be the 5kg dumbbells… after that managed to put on a run of three pars and a bogey.. despite that good finish, I was unable to beat off Jang Sam and Budin as they too managed to keep me at bay… abis kluar every trick in the book pun nda mau…

Jang Budin, showman as he is… cross on #15.. albeit white tee was in front due to repair on normal white tee… I think 3 wood pun sampai…
Jang Sam despite main save put his approach in the bunker and ended up with a double… hehe… paksa jadi goalkeeper kjap..

Kesian also Jang Budin on #14 tree under as highlighted in the photo… orang tukang gambar pun sibuk2 megambil gambar.. bola tree under sampai ball mark pun kana cover… lucky no TRC on the golf course…

Highlight # 3… Jang Sam and Budin sent their drives jauh on par 4 #17.. mine was way short due to being more conservative… in the end Budin had double and Sam bogey… for me of course… dpat par….

Despite the strong finishing holes… could only beat Jang Zairin.. org sibuk2 megambar.. game pun nda tantu… lost to Shahbudin and Samuil.. Shahbudin manang pool….

During the prize presentation… Budin came 4th.. myself 3rd and orang kan pencen next year use to be handicap 10 main 2 under after score of 92 gross… tidak lain dan tidak bukan… Samuil (handicap 22 nda mau diubah lagi tu) my humble opinion..malu kan ngambil hadiah tu…..

No comments:

Post a Comment